Saturday 23 June 2012

Arrived home.

After a lenghty flight home, we arrived back safely. Our dogs and other animals had all been beautifully looked after, we were so pleased to see them and the welcome we got was ecstatic, which was lovely.
I really don't like "airplane food", it smells terrible and makes me feel gross. I ordered the fruit platter which is a better option for the long flights.  I drank lots of water, slept little, watched lots of movies and felt pretty zonked by the time three flights were dealt with.
Just before leaving Bristol, we went as a family to a wonderful little place in Stokes Croft called "Cafe Keno". If you are ever there, it is reasonably priced and the menu is interesting and delicious. I had the salad tasting plate, of three different salads, with hummus and garlic bread. It is a vegan cafe, full of interesting choices and very yummy puddings.I had a slice of raspberry and coconut cake.



Salads I made today.


I felt inspired by my supper there and have been experimenting with salads since arriving home, which indeed I think have helped combat my jetlag. All raw and freshly made.....colourful and crunchy. Carrot, orange and coconut. Beetroot and pear. Tabbouleh.( Clockwise from the top).

No comments: