Wednesday 25 July 2012

Thursday.

A little disappointed as I was supposed to receive two tickets to the premier of the local showing of "The Sapphires" for tonight....free. Never mind.
So, I got busy in the kitchen instead.


I made chocolate chip cookies, requested by certain members of the family. If it's going to be naughty at least I know what's gone into them.


 Then one of my top favourite salads.
The lentils are only cooked gently for a few minutes so they look like this and not falling apart into a great mushy mess.


A friend made it for me a couple of years ago and I've made it heaps of times since. I could gobble the whole lot up but I don't. I don't have her original recipe so I sort of improvise each time.


The basics are the same, lentils, capers, currants and red onion but the dressing (an oil and vinegar based dressing) depends on what I add as I taste it. Today I added cumin, tumeric, coriander, freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, seeded mustard, a dash of cayenne pepper, a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Oh and also a little coconut sugar, my sugar of choice at the moment.


Yum.
 

No comments: